About the room
Who lives there
9 mixed gender, from 18 to 40 years old, mixed, outside smokers only
This is a furnished, 8-bedroom house nestled in the green hills of Wellington.
You’ll be staying next to the Tawatawa Reserve, which features heaps of mountain biking/hiking tracks. We are all a big family - share meals, play games, chat over drinks, go out, and enjoy getting to know people from all corners of the earth.
This home is ideal for long term guests. Our demographic is the traveling tourist looking for somewhere to stay while on a working visa. It's also ideal for students.
If you have a camper van you can sleep in your vehicle and the facilities for $105 a week.
A second person will be an additional $35 a week.
The home features:
● 6 dorms
Room: Tui, x2 Bunks
Room: Pukeko, x2 Bunks
Room: Morepork, x3 Bunks
Room: Fantail, x2 Bunks
Room: Kea x2 Beds
Room: Kaka x4 Bunks
● 2 single rooms
● 2 kitchens equipped for all your cooking needs
● 3 bathrooms equipped for all your hygiene needs
● 2 toilets
● 2 washing machines and laundry powder provided
● 2 dryers
● 2 sunny decks with spectacular views
● Unlimited WiFi
● Plenty of free car parking
● 10+ awesome foreigners that change regularly (we eat the bad ones)
House Rules & Guidelines
● Cook. Clean. Eat. The kitchen is used by many people so it’s good practice to clean right after cooking and before you eat so others can use the stuff behind you. Cleaning also gives your food time to cool down. Everybody wins. Dry and put away your clean dishes. Clean ALL your dishes. Every item you’ve used. This includes pans. This includes forks. This includes ANY kitchen surface (microwave, oven, counter, etc.).
If you use it, clean it.
● When cooking your food on a pan or pot, do NOT use metal spoons or knives. Scratching the pans is unhealthy and wrecks our cooking utensils. Please use the wooden/plastic spoons provided.
● It’s preferred that you don’t eat food in your dorms. If you do, do NOT leave plates, bowls, utensils or any other kitchen item in your room. Wash it and put it back in its original location.
● Put all your things back on your shelf or in the fridge. It will end up on the free shelf or thrown away if left out overnight.
● Name your food.
● Don’t take other people’s stuff if you don’t have permission. People here are friendly. If you need something, ask.
● Fridge and shelf purges happen often. Keep on top of perishables.
● Recycling belongs in the bins provided.
● Breakdown cardboard boxes.
● Cans/tin, paper, and plastic bottles in bins with yellow lids.
● Glass belongs only in the small green bins provided.
● All other general rubbish goes in the big dark green bins with a black bag.
● You are welcome to use the lounge area at any time day or night. Please observe quiet time restrictions, and be mindful of others at all times.
● Do not leave your personal items in the lounge or on kitchen chairs. When you leave the lounge, take your personal items with you.
● Unclaimed property will be moved to the unclaimed property bin each morning. Items that are unclaimed for a period of 30 days will be donated to charity.
● Clean up after yourself.
● Close the toilet seat before flushing.
● Do not flush anything except toilet paper.
● Used toilet paper goes in the toilet.
● Don’t leave behind wet floors.
● Keep your living space clean and tidy at all times.
● Please don't talk on phones or computers after 10pm. People are trying to sleep.
● Be respectful of your roommates.
● Health and safety
● Fire and Evacuation Procedure.
● Shout “Fire”. Use a fire extinguisher. If unable to put out the fire out. Leave the building by the nearest available fire exit.
.● Do not take risks. Get out. Stay out. Dial 111.
● When showering, use the ceiling fan.
● Don’t leave the floor wet. Use the towel on the towel heater.
● Make sure there’s no hair on the walls or drain.
● Personal toiletries should be kept in your room, not the washroom. This includes towels.
● When finished, return the floor towel to the towel heater.
● Turn both switches off when you’re done.
● When using the washing machine, throw the soap powder directly into the middle hole.
● When using the washing machine, do not overload it.
● When using the washing machine, use cold water only.
● When using the dryer, make sure to empty the lint from the filter. Place lint in the bin next to the dryer.
● When using drying racks, place outside or at the end of the laundry. Please do not block access to the washing machines and dryers.
● No noise or talking outside after 8pm. The decks are off-limits. We’re all social and noisy… our neighbours are not.
● No smoking indoors. No smoke on the deck.
● You can smoke under the carport and in the smokers Hutt. Please put your smoke butts in the rubbish. Anyone found in breach of our smoking policy will be asked to leave.
● Park your vehicle anywhere on both sides of the street past the driveway towards the Tawatawa reserve. Our neighbours need their car parking space for their vehicles.
.● You can wash your linen using our free laundry and washing powder.
.● If you want your linen changed, you will be charged an additional $25
Sun-Thur 10:00pm - 8:00am
Fri-Sat 12:00am - 10:00am
Music must be off, or at ambient volume - Noise and voices minimal - No loud games or parties
All beds are on AirBnb.
There is a 8% Discount if you stay for more than 28 days.
And there is a $50 cleaning fee.
Listing ID: H18073011135231
Posted on 16 November 2023